Powertrain rig testing
For either individual components, subsystem or complete electric powertrain, ISP offers a state-of-the-art test bay using a modular single-axle powertrain test rig. This enables temperature-conditioned and highly dynamic testing of all components involved in the powertrain.
The customisable system can be setup for individual testing of the electric motor, gear stage, differential gear or power electronics or combined together with the use of universal components from the test bench.
- Single driving machine with 455 kW nominal power (800 Nm nominal torque, 10,000 1/min maximum speed)
- Maximum speed can be increased to 20,000 rpm with auxiliary gearbox
- 2 output machines with 220 kW nominal power each (3,200 Nm nominal torque, 3,000 1/min maximum speed)
- Chemical-physical laboratory for used oil or coolant analysis
- AVL Puma Open 2 Automation system
- AVL X-ion high-voltage measurement technology
- Wide range of measurement capabilities through the use of sensors for pressures, temperatures, electrical currents and voltages
- Dual circuit coolant conditioning (-40 to +120 °C)
- Temperature controlled cowling for electric motor and gearbox temperature conditioning (-40 to +120 °C, 5 K/min temperature change rate)
- Battery simulation with universal converter, 400 kW rated power, 1,200 V DC max. output voltage, 800 A DC max. output current
Range of services
- Mechanical measurement and visual evaluation of the motors
- Analysis of used oil and coolant/lubricant samples
- Electrical and/or mechanical efficiency measurements of the drive train
- Life cycle endurance tests of individual components or system groups
- Real-time measurement and data acquisition
- Variable system ranges due to modular test structure (electric motor, gear stage, differential gear and power electronics)
- Easy transfer of results to the performance dyno, emission chassis dyno, etc.
- Provision for multifaceted testing with quick and efficient changes between test phases, i.e. field testing to emissions or performance dyno and vice versa.